Friday, August 15, 2008

Cool Dinners for Lazy Summer Nights

I love the heat and hate the cold, but when it gets this hot, it's just too much. So by the time dinner rolls around, I am hot and tired and I have no interest in eating something hot, let alone cooking it! So I have found this pasta salad with chicken, pasta, grapes, pineapple and cashews to be the perfect meal on a hot summer night. Even my children love it, and that's saying something!

Bowtie Rotelli Pasta and Chicken Salad

1 Box Bowtie Pasta, boiled
1 Box Garden Rotelli (this adds great color and flavor!), boiled
2 Lbs. Red Seedless Grapes
1 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
1 Can Pineapple Tidbits
3 Chicken Breasts, boiled, diced and cooled.
1/2 Cup Cashew Halves, (I prefer salted)
1 16oz. Bottle Hidden Valley Coleslaw Dressing
1 Cup Mayonnaise

In a small bowl combine the Coleslaw Dressing and Mayonnaise, whisk to mix well. In a large, (very large) bowl, combine all other ingredients. Pour the Mayonnaise and Coleslaw Dressing mixture over everything and mix well. Serve immediately.

This recipe make WAY more than my family can eat in one meal but it saves very, very well in the fridge. Just cover and store it in the fridge. This goes wonderfully with a cold Lemonade or a Sprite and Sherbet Punch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this! It sound delicious!