Saturday, August 23, 2008

Icebox Dessert

I remember family get togethers with my Mother's family. Every year my Aunt Maryann would make a wonderful thing that she called Icebox Dessert. Unfortunately, after her husband passed away unexpectedly, she stopped planning the get togethers and the Icebox Dessert became little more than a memory for me. Lately we have been getting together again but it has been nearly 20 years and with these new get togethers I have yet to see another one of these desserts surface. So I finally decided to call her and request the recipe for myself. It took her some time to find but she did and now I have the recipe to pass down to my children.

You will need:

16 oz. pkg. graham crackers
2 (3.5 oz.) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups whole milk
2) 8 oz. tub frozen cool whip, thawed


Mix the 1 tub cool whip, pudding mix, and milk in a medium bowl until well blended.

Place a layer of whole graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan to cover the bottom completely. Spoon half of the pudding mixture evenly over the crackers. Repeat with another layer of crackers and remaining pudding mixture. Top with the last tub of coolwhip.

Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow it to set. Makes 14 servings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy and easy to make. I will have to try it!