Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Forced Green

Forced Green is my pick for Blog of The Week because it is something that is on my mind day in and day out lately. "Living a natural life in an industrial world" as she puts it. I have been so worried lately about the food I eat, the vehicles I drive, the cleaners I use and the medicines that I take. Is it really all for the best? Is there something that I can do?

At Forced Green she takes a closer look at our ever changing and industrialized world and does what she can to make a difference. Then she shares the information she get with the rest of us through a very candidly written blog that pulls you in from your first read.

Some of the posts that she has written lately that I enjoyed the most were, Renewable Energy Storage which talks about utility companies taking closer looks at using and creating renewable energy and her thoughts on how to best accomplish that. Another post that I really, really liked was her post For the Future, From the Past where she starts out talking about the basics of root cellars. This caught my attention because I am currently in the process of creating a root cellar in our backyard to preserve our vegetables from our garden. But then she takes the lessons learned from using a root cellar and turns it around to make a point that our society has sorely missed over the last 50 some odd years. I won't spoil it for you, take some time to read it for yourself. It really is an eye opener.

So if you find yourself out cruising the World Wide Web, take a minute to stop by her little corner of the blogosphere. It will be the best use of the next twenty minutes of your life. :)

No comments: