Thursday, June 07, 2012

Stuck in the Airport

I believe that anyone who has traveled has experienced delays, cancellations and/or extremely long layovers when flying. We live in a society that accepts this as normal and acceptable because flying is more convenient than driving. Personally, I believe that airlines need to be required to step up and start providing better customer service. I don't think that they should be able to call up the Houston fence company, have them wrap a fence around the airport and say "NO! You are sitting right here until we are ready to let you leave." I have spent the better part of 36 hours stuck in the Houston airport and let me tell you, it was not pleasant! It was due to the mechanical failure of one of the planes. Now, don't get me wrong. I have NO desire to be on a plane with mechanical issues, however, you would think that they could come up with a satisfactory second choice. 36 hours in the airport is not a good option! I sincerely believe that if more people would take the time to let the airlines know that customer service is important to them, you would see a difference in your flying experience.

No comments: