Sunday, November 16, 2008

Make Your Home Awe Inspiring! Make it Yours!

It was a dark and gloomy night. As I sat in my sitting room listening to the rain on the shutters, I looked around. The curtains, tattered and torn, hung over the shabby couch. Lackluster furniture filled the room, illuminated by a single, dim bulb from the fixture in the center of the room.....

Although it sounds like the beginning to a great mystery, it is actually a page from my book of life. My furniture is decades old and has survived not only the family that had it prior to it being handed down to my family, but also my family of five active children. The couch is worn and shabby, the curtains tattered and torn. The lighting less than adequate and the carpets stained and worn. It was the room I least enjoyed spending time in.

But at that moment, looking around my house, I decided it was time for a change. Then I found it! The best redecorating website I have ever had the opportunity to experience! Just from their home page you know it's going to be good.

On the left hand side of the page there are articles you can choose to help you make the best decisions for your home. There are articles on everything from Green Design, designing your home in an earth friendly manner to ceiling domes to molding and everything in between. They have articles on things you would have never thought of before! It's not only a one stop shop for decorating your home, but a wealth of information at your fingertips!

Then moving into their vast array of product offerings, they have everything from wood carved crown molding, door handles and columns to furniture of all sorts. They are the one great source for architectural products, carved wood, hand crafted and hand painted home furnishings and beautiful home lighting. They have an oriental table that is beautifully hand crafted and painted to give your home that "one of a kind" look. Or columns, artfully sculpted to add dignity and class to your living area. The stair brackets they offer are something you never knew you needed, until you see them. It is just amazing to me how something so simple can make such an amazing difference in the look and feel of your home! They offer things that are usually far out of most people's budgets, but amazingly affordable through their site. It gives ordinary people the opportunity to have the mansion they have always dreamed of, complete with ceiling domes intricately carved and hand created wooden columns to add awe and inspire all who enter. Imagine your home with the decorative hardware and ornate woodwork normally found only in the homes of the rich and famous. Imagine being able to walk someone through your home and have them gasp at the articulate design and singular beauty of your home.

That is my dream. Ornate, intricate and handcrafted woodwork throughout my home. Singularly beautiful accent furniture and bright, inviting lighting fixtures to shed their beauty and warm my home. Pieces of furniture, table and lamps and decorative accents, moldings, corbels and columns to inspire awe in all that enter and create a feeling of warmth and turn of the century beauty in the one place that I spend more time than anywhere else, My Home.

No comments: