Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do Mom's Need Life Insurance?

I haven't thought much about life insurance, after all, I am only 30, a stay at home (sometimes) mom and make nearly no money. Why would I need life insurance?

When a friend and I were talking one day, she made the comment to me that if I were to pass away, my husband would be left to take care of the children all by himself. He would be left to care for children that are used to having Mom home all the time. Mom dressing them. Mom feeding them. Mom reading to them and Mom cuddling them.

There will be a time that he will have to stay home and help them make that transition, without pay. If I had life insurance, he would be able to take that time without worrying about how to make ends meet. My children and husband would have the healing time they needed without the stress of how they are going to make the bills.

So I started looking at life insurance quotes and found out that it is pretty easy to find cheap term life insurance rates. I can protect my family, even when I am not around to protect them. That gives me some peace of mind, which in today's economy, is pretty hard to come by!

No comments: